Best Home Inspection Complete Radon Service
Some Of Our Recent Radon Mitigation Jobs
With Before and After Radon Test Results
Most of the radon mitigation systems we install are for people selling there homes. I don’t have current contact numbers for most of the sellers but for many of the seller’s representatives.
I've installed many systems for the following Realtor's clients.Peter Denney, Chittenango/Syracuse Realtor (687-6109 x 203)
Elaine Dwyer, Fayetteville/Manlius/Dewitt Realtor (559-3976)
Kyle Steel, Ithaca Realtor (607-279-0770)
Note: The average measurement for radon in the outside air in Central New York is about 0.5 pCi/L however in some areas such as Ithaca I have measured radon in the outside air as high as 10.5 pCi/L.
New York Radon Mitigation Jobs with pre and post Radon Test Levels
|80 Triphammer Terrace, Ithaca, NY|
|Phil Skeps, moved out of state, email ref. email@example.com|
|Radon Level Before - 9.7 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.2 pCi/L|
|7 Whispering Pines Dr., Ithaca, NY|
|Jolene Rightmyer, Realtor, 607-220-5464|
|Radon Level Before - 11.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.3 pCi/L|
|63 Highgate Circle, Ithaca, NY|
|Jeanette Miller, seller, 607-279-4315|
|Radon Level Before - 14.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.7 pCi/L|
|106 Kenyon Drive, Syracuse, NY|
|Matt McDowell Realty Group, 315-451-2023|
|Radon Level Before - 18.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.5 pCi/L|
|6211 Olmstead Rd., Chittenango, NY|
|Peter Darmento, seller, 315-687-9913|
|Radon Level Before - 6.1 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 0.7 pCi/L|
|16 Wellwood Drive, Fayetteville, NY|
|Edward Menkin, Attorney, 315-425-1212|
|Radon Level Before - 11.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.3 pCi/L|
|146 Whitetail Drive., Ithaca, NY|
|Radon Level Before - 6.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 0.6 pCi/L|
|106 Valley Rd., Ithaca, NY|
|Radon Level Before - 20.1 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.5 pCi/L|
|1114 East Shore Drive, Ithaca, NY|
|Radon Level Before - 8.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.2 pCi/L|
|4307 Kelsey Drive, Syracuse, NY|
|Radon Level Before - 26.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 1.3 pCi/L|
|24 Park Street, Morvaia, NY|
|Radon Level Before - 30.5 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 0.6 pCi/L|
|7 308 Caleb Ave, Syracuse, NY|
|Radon Level Before - 40.0 pCi/L||Radon Level After - 0.5 pCi/L|
Angie's List, see my rating on Angies List
Highest “A” Rating Available, Copy of report on Angie’s List website, Report Date: March 12, 2010 Company Name: A Best Home Inspection & Radon SystemsCategory: Home Inspection, Work Done: Yes, Hire Again: Yes, Approximate Cost: $1,100.00, Home Build Year: 2002Description Of Work: Radon test and mitigation performedMember Comments: Tom was very professional and on time, very thorough, gave individual service as needed. Overall Rating “A”, Price “A”, Quality “A”, Responsiveness “A”, Punctuality “A”, Professionalism “A”.
Free Radon Mitigation Estimates for Central New York. For Rochester radon mitigation, Syracuse radon mitigation, Binghamton radon mitigation, Watertown radon mitigation, Albany radon mitigation and surrounding areas call 315-439-1103 to schedule a radon mitigation consultation and estimate free of charge.
Email Contact Form
12 Reasons to Choose “A Best Home Inspection & Radon Services”
To Install Your Radon Mitigation System
1. The reason I started in radon mitigation was to provide “a better service”. After 20 years as a general contractor I became a home inspector, and was trained in radon testing. In the course of inspecting hundreds of homes with radon systems I observed that many were improperly installed, and some were quite unsafe and/or not working. In New York State there is no licensing or certification requirement or regulatory oversight for radon mitigation. Since most homeowners do not know what a proper radon system should include, some contractors use substandard materials and installation methods that do not meet the EPA Radon Mitigation Standards out of either ignorance or more often in cutting corners to increase profits.
2. Results Guaranteed in Writing. I install about 100 radon mitigation systems per year and have a 100% success rate reducing radon to below 4.0 pCi/L, with most radon results below 2.0 pCi/L, and many below 1.0 pCi/L. I strive to get the radon level as low as possible.
3. A 10 Year Transferable Warranty on Active Radon Systems, (fans have 5 yr. factory warranty). Heat Recovery Ventilation systems have a 7 year factory warranty on the HRV fans.
4. We only use the correct high-quality materials, abiding by the EPA mitigation standards.
5. A locally owned, full time business, with quick response time, however our system installation is not rushed, we take the time to do it right. The better the design and installation of a system, results in a better working, more efficient, longer lasting and safer system.
6. Rest assured the same person who designs the system is the one who will be installing it. I install all systems myself; occasionally I will have a helper. I have over 30 years “Real Experience” in every aspect of the building trades. Radon mitigation requires knowledge and skills in Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Indoor Air Quality, Concrete, Drainage, Roofing and General Construction.
7. We have many available options for exterior systems to blend in with the house (color and trim, fan enclosures, etc.). See www.RadonBeGoneCny.com to view system options and available upgrades.
8. Fully Insured, Liability/Medical $1,000,000 coverage. Call my broker, Schuyler Hellings for a current copy of my policy and coverage, his phone is 1-888-400-8087.
9. I perform my own radon tests to confirm the system is operating properly. At job completion, paper work will be supplied to the home owner to receive a one-time “Post Mitigation” free radon test kit from New York State. This ensures there is no conflict of interest from the radon contractor’s test being the only proof the system is working properly. You may do you own tests.
10. We conduct EPA mandated spillage and back-draft testing for all gas heating appliances. An active radon system can potentially overcome the exhaust draft of gas appliances, spilling carbon monoxide and exhaust fumes into the home. This important safety check is often overlooked.
11. You will receive an 11 page system manual which explains how the system works, home owner responsibilities, trouble shooting, fan warranty, etc. Also the system components (vent pipes, sump covers, fans, switches, breakers, etc.) are properly labeled for safety as per EPA.
12. 100% Post-Installation Cleanup: (drilling concrete can be very dusty, we use special slow speed drills, and dust collection systems that greatly reduce dust).
Contact us for Free Radon Mitigation Estimates for Central New York. For Rochester radon remediation, Syracuse radon remediation, Binghamton radon remediation, Watertown radon remediation, Albany radon remediation and surrounding areas call 315-439-1103 to schedule a radon mitigation/remediation consultation and estimate free of charge.
Back to top of page