Looking For A Radon Solution?
Welcome, my name is Tom Francis, and I am a radon professional. This website is a work in progress (under construction) born out of many years of personal research and study. As a radon professional and licensed home inspector with 30+ years in the construction industry, I'm also a husband and father concerned for the safety of my family as well as that of friends, and my community and really for all people.
This website is for you, the homeowner or mitigation contractor, or any person looking for information and solutions concerning this common and potentially harmful, radioactive gas. Unfortunately, the love of money and fear of liability has opened the door in radon related issues to: fraud, misrepresentation, bias, improper or false tests, and a host of other ills. Often in real estate transactions, conflicting information is given concerning radon gas depending on whom the information comes from. This can lead to confusion, doubt, frustration or misunderstanding that can result in lack of action with regard to testing or taking measures to reduce it. Often attempts are made to negate or lower the possibility of health safety concerns.
Whether you have a simple question about testing or a technical problem designing a mitigation system. Whether determining the risk of radiation exposure to lung tissue or trying to choose the right remediation fan from over 70 different sizes. It would be my pleasure to explain the different options, answer your questions and help you find what you are looking for. If not, I will do my best to point you in the right direction.
You may find that you can do your own testing, or if you have the skills and inclination, install your own mitigation system; [[check out the "How To" page links]]. If you're a mitigation specialist you may want to join our [[Professional Forums]] where you can exchange tips with other pros.
I have performed over a thousand radon tests in homes and businesses. I've also personally installed hundreds of mitigation systems and inspected and or repaired hundreds of other mitigation systems installed by other companies. I've worked for 31 years in the construction industry, owned a construction company for 18 years. I'm also a NY state licensed home inspector.
In addition, I've taken many classes and certification courses and spent hundreds of hours scouring the web to gain radon related training and information. With this background, I have the real life experience and expertise to help answer your questions and find the solutions to your needs.
Radon is a radioactive gas, it is the natural result of the decay of radium, thorium or uranium ores underground. It can seep into homes and buildings and, if it reaches high concentration levels, will result in a safety hazard for the occupants. This relatively new concern for safety (still in it's infancy) has spurred the quest for knowledge, studies and research over the past couple of decades, and has led to many solutions.
There is still a lot to learn. Most states, and local code enforcement authorities have very little, if any regulation, oversight or enforcement regarding proper testing or installation of mitigation systems. This has resulted in quite a bit of wrongful practices, in some cases sub-standard materials are used and or improper, unsafe design of mitigation systems which can result in safety hazards.
This website has a wealth of information available, I invite you to dig in. If you can't find what you are looking for please contact me via email or [[blog]] and I will try my best to help.
(Note: Brackets, e.g. "[]", denote an as yet undeveloped area of the website.)
- Facts About Radon Gas, Radon In Your Home Health and Safety Concerns
- Easy to understand radon gas basic facts. Answers and solutions to high levels of radon gas in your home or work place and common misconceptions
- Radon Testing, professional service, home radon test kits, how to info.
- Radon Testing? Many ways to test for radon, which is best for you? A self test kit or professional service, short or long term, immediate results or mail off to laboratory, some tests are free.
- Digital Radon Detector, The Best Type for Home Use, Reviews, How to Use
- What is the Best Digital Radon Detector designed for home use? Easy to use and affordable. Comparison and reviews of top radon testing devices and methods.
- Radon Mitigation: How to reduce radon gas; What are your options?
- Radon Mitigation explained; How to get rid of deadly radon gas hire a professional or do it your-self; different types of radon systems; How to troubleshoot and repair a radon system
- Radon Mitigation Pictures
- Pictures of radon systems, radon mitigation pictures; pictures proper and good radon mitigtion systems and what to look out for: bad and or dangerous radon mitigatin installations
- Best Home Inspection Complete Radon Service, Job Referrals and Job Pictures
- Referral List of some recent Radon Mitigation Jobs completed in Central New York, job pictures and post mitigation radon test results
- Contact us
- Use this page to contact us with any questions or requests about radon
- Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Linked to Radon
- Alzheimer's recently linked to Radon, early indicators suggest Parkinson's as well
- Lung Cancer Risk Increases By Exposure To Radon
- Exposure to radon gas is attributed as the second leading cause of lung cancer deaths